SME to Launch Inaugural Edition With Leaders in Sustainability campaign
This is the beginning for SME - We have the 1-Billion Views Campaign, which is about raising awareness around sustainability: Sam Khan, CEO, SME
Sustainability Middle East (SME), a brand-new publishing arm of CBM Media, is set to make major waves with the publication of its inaugural edition that focuses on 50 leading voices in sustainability around the world, with a special focus on the Middle East.
The edition, due for print in January 2023, features each of the leaders offering their insights into sustainability, climate change, social and political change, and grassroots-level initiatives.
Below is a list of several of the names set to feature in the publication:
- H.E. Mariam Al Mheiri - Minister of Climate Change and Environment, UAE
- H.E. Suhail Mohamed AlMazrouei - Minister of Energy and Infrastructure, UAE
- Sir Ronald Cohen – Thought-leader
- Radia Sedaoui - Chief of Energy Section, Climate Change and Natural Resource Sustainability Cluster, United Nations, ESCWA
- Gavin Edwards, Director - Global Nature Positive Initiative, WWF
- Mayssam Tamim, Assistant Resident Representative, UNDP
- Majd Fayyad - DSM Strategy & Policy Lead, Supreme Council of Energy
- H.E. Yasir bin Othman Al-Rumayyan, Chairman, Saudi Aramco
- Elon Musk - CEO, Tesla
- Hatem Dowidar - CEO, e& (Etisalat)
- Abdulnasser Bin Kalban - CEO, Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA)
- Sherif Tawfik, Chief Sustainability Officer – Middle East & Africa, Microsoft
- Saad Toma - General Manager MEA, IBM
- Omar Hariri, President Saudi Ports Authority
- Maha Alnuhait - Sustainability General Manager, stc (Saudi Telecommunications Company)
- Khalil Yassine, Head of Unilever Arabia
- Yasmin Fansa - Sustainability Lead, PepsiCo MENA
- Eiman Al Khalaqi, VP - Innovation – SG, AD Ports Group
- Jasim Husain, Group Chief Executive Officer, TAQA
- Cezanne Maherali, Head of Policy Middle East and Africa – Uber
- Rohan Chopra, Regional Director, Sustainable Infrastructure - Johnson Controls
- Raji Hattar, Chief Sustainability Officer – Aramex
- Kathrin Brost, VP, Global Head of GoGreen Program, DHL
- Kivanc Karayol - Market Director & Electromobility Champion, Volvo Group
- Diana Wilde - Co-founder, Aurora50
- Dr Stephen Wilkinson - Head of the Smart and Sustainable Cities Research Cluster - University of Wollongong
- Aliyu Mohammed Ali - CEO, EHFAAZ
- Karl W. Feilder - Regional Expert on Biofuels, Advisor on corporate Net Zero strategies, The Neutral Group
The above list is by no means exhaustive but does offer an insight into the calibre of the 50 names set to feature.
For those eagle-eyed who see a lack of the Middle Eastern leaders in the list above, this is because HH Sheikh Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai; HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, Ruler of Abu Dhabi; and Crown Prince HRH Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia each have their own feature taking pride of place in the edition after their consistent efforts with regard to sustainability.
SME CEO Sam Khan said: “We are delighted to bring SME to the region with a huge project to kick things off.
“The leaders each offer a powerful, unique insight into sustainability and aid us in our mission of becoming the platform within which the key conversations in sustainability can be fostered.
“Yet this is just the beginning for SME, we also have the huge 1-Billion Views Campaign in the works which is all about raising awareness around sustainability, and we have a massive conference and awards ceremony down the line too.
“In a word, keep your eyes peeled!
“We still have a few limited spaces, do contact us if you’re interested as slots are going fast!”