BEEAH Group Aims to Drive Sustainable Future in Middle East
BEEAH Group, the UAE’s leading sustainability pioneer and digital expert, has achieved a waste diversion rate of 76%, the highest in the Middle East, and the remaining 24% was disposed of in landfills.
BEEAH Group launched the UAE’s first waste-to-energy facility earlier in 2022 as part of its efforts to achieve zero waste.
The facility, located in Sharjah, would divert over 300,000 tonnes of non-recyclable waste from landfills annually and generate 30 megawatts of clean energy, enough to power almost 30,000 homes.
Khaled Al-Huraimel, Group CEO, said: "BEEAH Group aims to help Sharjah achieve 100% landfill waste diversion in 2022, up from 76% currently. Once the facility reaches full operational capacity, Sharjah will become the first city in the Middle East to achieve zero waste.”
There are 10 dedicated recycling facilities that process materials such as paper, plastic, tires, old vehicles, metals, construction and demolition waste, organic waste, industrial wastewater, maritime waste and commercial and industrial waste.
BEEAH places sustainability and digitization at the heart of the business. This can be seen across several verticals, including BEEAH Tandeef for waste collection and city cleaning and BEEAH Recycling for waste processing and material recovery.
There is also BEEAH Energy for clean and renewable power and BEEAH Environment Services for consulting, research and innovation.
Additionally, there is BEEAH Digital for future technologies and digital ventures, BEEAH Transport for green mobility and autonomous transportation, and BEEAH Education, an environmental education and awarding organization for businesses and individuals.
The various verticals will benefit from the collective experience of the BEEAH Group while having more room to grow within their respective industries.
BEEAH Group encourages collective responsibility for sustainability through education and awareness programs. In 2010, BEEAH Group launched the BEEAH Academy of Sustainability to promote environmental education.